Clemmons Sled Hill
Sledding is a popular activity during the winter months. Sledding has become a common activity for the citizens of Fremont, young and old, at Clemmons Park (19th and Luther Road). Recent renovations to the sled hill have made Clemmons Park a premier place for sledding.
The Fremont Parks and Recreation Department has the ability to create man made snow with a snow gun when temperatures are in the teens for several consecutive days. The snow gun has the capability to create a 4 inch base of snow suitable for sledding over a eight hour time period. Sledders can even use the hill after dark under the lights. The lights are operational from 6:00 pm to 11:00 pm.
Clemmons Sled Hill Rules
- Please be aware of other sledders and snowboarders around you.
- Do not move snow to make ramps or moguls.
- Do not walk up or stand on the slope, use the stairs.
- No bicycles allowed on the hill.
- Sled hill open from 8:00 am to 11:00 pm.
- Sledders 10-years-old and under must have adult supervision.
- Small children are encouraged to use the north side of the hill.
- Stay out of the way of sledders coming down the hill.
- The lights will come on at dusk and go off at 11:00 pm.
- The sled hill is closed during snow making operations.
- This is an unsupervised sled hill. Participate at your own risk.
- When the lights are off between dusk and 11:00 pm, the sled hill is not suitable for sledding.