Recent storms in the area make it a good time to remind citizens and businesses that contractors doing work in the City of Fremont need to be licensed. Homeowners who reside in a house can do their own work, but permits are still required. Examples of work requiring a building permit and inspection are:
- Repair or Replacement of roof shingles
- Repair or Replacement of siding
- Repair or Replacement of gutters
- Replacement of flue vent caps
- Installation of basement waterproofing systems
- Interior water or fire damage repair
Examples of work NOT requiring a permit are:
- Free-standing decks, less than 200 square feet and less than 30” above ground
On March 26, 2019, the Fremont City Council approved Resolution 2019-049 requiring contractors who are conducting construction work for hire on a project that requires a building permit within Fremont city limits and two-mile zoning jurisdiction to be registered with the City. Registration may be completed in the office of the code official, located on the 3rd floor of the Fremont Municipal Building at 400 East Military Avenue, Fremont, NE.
- Fee of $60.00 for General Contractor registration
- Completed Application (PDF)
- Certificate of liability insurance - minimum $250,000.00 with the City of Fremont listed as additional insured.
- Proof of registration with Nebraska Labor Department
- Click here for the Nebraska Labor Department website (https://www.dol.nebraska.gov/home/index).
Feel free to contact the building department via e-mail or phone with any questions.
We are happy to help!!