Library Rules of Conduct
Rules of Conduct
This public library is supported by the City of Fremont property tax dollars. Every patron and visitor has a right to expect the facility to be a clean, pleasant, and safe place.
To best serve all library users, certain standards and rules of library behavior have been established. Behavior becomes unacceptable when it impinges on the appropriate use of the library by others, when it could result in injury or when it could result in damage to property.
Rules of Conduct & Computer Policies
Other than matters involving injury, significant damage to property, or deliberate confrontations with staff, in which penalties shall be determined by the library director on a case by case basis, persons violating the rules of conduct shall be subject to the following penalties.
- Patrons who fail to adhere to the rules will receive one warning. Failure to comply with the warning will result in the library user being asked to leave the library premises for the remainder of the day. If the violation occurs within two hours of library closing, then violators will be barred from the library for the entirety of the following day.
- Patrons who fail to adhere to the rules a second time within two weeks after being evicted from the library a first time will be warned once and in the event of further violation will be barred from the library and library premises for a period of one month.
- Patrons who fail to adhere to the rules a third time within two months after being evicted from the library a second time will be barred from the library and library premises for a period of six months.
- Restitution for damaged property may be required as a condition for re-admittance to library facilities.
- Appeals of any penalty imposed may be made in writing to the library director or her representative. If the appeal is not satisfactorily resolved, appeal may be made to the library board at its next regularly scheduled board meeting. Decisions by the library board are final.
- Library staff are directed to report violations of the ordinances of the City of Fremont or the laws of the State of Nebraska to the appropriate law enforcement.