NOTICE TO AIRPORT CONSULTANTS
The City of Fremont, NE (Sponsor) is hereby soliciting Statement of Qualifications from consultants for airfield development projects that are anticipated to occur within the next five years at the Fremont Municipal Airport (FET) located in Fremont, Nebraska. Subject to receipt of Federal funding and/or State funding, these projects may include the following:
- FY2022 Taxiway “A” extension. Estimated Construction Cost $3,830,800.
- FY2023 Airfield pavement preservation, marking estimated construction Cost $50,000.
- FY2024 Rehabilitate asphalt apron & connecting taxiway. Estimated Construction Cost $374,760.
- FY2027 Runway Rehabilitation. Estimated cost $150,000.
- FY2026 Construct hangar. Estimated Construction Cost $850,000.
These projects have been developed from the Sponsor’s Airport Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) prepared with assistance from the NDOT Division of Aeronautics. A copy of each project CIP Data Sheet will be made available upon request.
The services to be provided may include, but are not limited to, preliminary design, final design, bidding, construction observation, and incidental special services such as geotechnical/subsurface investigations and topographic surveying.
A qualification-based selection process conforming to FAA Advisory Circular 150/5100-14E Architectural, Engineering, and Planning Consultant Services for Airport Grant Projects will be utilized to select a consultant. Fee information will not be considered in the selection process and shall not be submitted with the Statement. Fees will be negotiated for projects as federal funds become available. The agreement(s) between the Sponsor and the selected consultant will be subject to all applicable Federal Rules and Regulations as identified in AC 150/5100-14E.
Consultants will be rated by a selection committee according to the following selection criteria and the weight given to each:
- Capability to perform all aspects of the projects (15%) – qualifications of prime firm (and subconsultants, if any);
- Relevant experience of key personnel from prime firm (and subconsultants, if any) and role (10%);
- Knowledge of FAA standards, policies, and procedures (10%);
- Recent experience with comparable projects at similarly sized airports (20%);
- History of meeting schedules and staying within budget (20%); and
- Understanding of the project’s potential challenges and Sponsor’s concerns (25%).
The Sponsor intends to short list up to number (3) of the highest rated firms based on the submittals and conduct phone, informal, and/or formal interviews.
Statements must be concise and contain no more than twenty-eight (28) pages of material (14 sheets of paper, double sided). This excludes the front and back covers, the two-page cover letter (1 sheet of paper, double sided), table of contents, section dividers, and resumes. Consultants must submit number (X) hard copies of their Statement and a PDF of their Statement (submitted via email) to the following person: [Enter contact information]
All statements must be received by 5:00 p.m. on April 16th, 2021. Statements received after this deadline will not be considered. The Sponsor reserves the right to reject any and/or all Statements. Submittals will become property of the Sponsor.
Statements are to be provided in a package marked with “Airport Statement of Qualifications” in the lower left-hand corner and the sender’s name and address in the upper left-hand corner. Please make the email subject line: “Airport Statement of Qualifications” and request delivery/read receipts to confirm it was received on time.
All questions must be submitted via email to the above contact by 5:00 p.m. on April 2nd, 2021). Answers will be sent via reply email no later than 5:00 p.m. on April 9th, 2021. For more information, please contact David Goedeken at (402) 727-2636 or .