Research Resources (Databases)
Our online resources are grouped into these categories (click on the name to go directly to that section): Books and Literature; Business; Genealogy; History and Biography; Periodicals & News; Health; Education; Arts; Automotive; Law; Languages; General Information; Miscellaneous.
eReading- Visit our new page for ebooks and downloadable magazines.
Books & Literature Resources
- ebooks (formerly NetLibrary) - Electronic Books in PDF format
- Fantastic Fiction - webpage for fiction readers maintained by a small family run company based in Lancashire, UK. Check here for news on your favorite author or what comes next in a series
- Keene Memorial Library Catalog - if Keene owns a title, whether print or other media, it's listed here.
- Novelist Plus (via NebraskaAccess) - Helps you find the next great book and includes nonfiction and audiobooks
- Novelist K-8 Plus (via NebraskaAccess) - for the younger reader
- What's Next Database of Kent District Library - Fiction readers can use this link to check what comes next in a series
- WorldCat (in-library link) World-wide catalog of library materials
- WorldCat (remote link - ask for the password at the library) World-wide catalog of library materials
Due to licensing, there is only one (1) log in to this site allowed. No more than one (1) person can access this site through the Keene Memorial Library links, either in the library or remotely.
- Morningstar Mutual Funds Online (in-library link)
- Morningstar Mutual Funds Online (at home link) - Provides fast and easy access to Morningstar Mutual Funds in a PDF format
- Ancestry - Library Edition (in-library use only, no remote access) to find census, birth, death records,
- MyHeritage (via NebraskaAccess) - Your past begins with your family tree and it's easy to build one
on MyHeritage. Add names, dates, photos and stories and share with your family.
- Index of Obits - Index of Fremont area obituaries from 1976 - 2004 (as seen in the Fremont Tribune and assembled by a local genealogist over the years). This pdf document is over 500 pages long so you may not want to print it out but save it to a flash drive (it's less than 2 MB in size).
- Index of Obits 2005-2008 - Index of Fremont area obituaries from 2005-2008 (as seen in Fremont Tribune and assembled by a local genealogist). This PDF is 74 pages long.
- Biographies Reference Bank (via NebraskaAccess) Includes in-depth, full-text profiles, with more than 32,000 photographs of the subjects, plus up-to-date bibliographies (over 65,000 profiles).
- Biography Reference Center (via NebraskaAccess) -
- EBSCOHost Web (via NebraskaAccess) - MAS Ultra Library Edition - This database provides full text for nearly 350 periodicals covering general reference topics, including health, science, and other areas.
- FirstSearch from OCLC (via NebraskAccess) Allows you to search for articles and information in multiple databases at one time (no full text)
- Reader's Guide Retrospective - Full coverage of original paper volumes from 1890-1982
- Fremont Tribune - Fremont’s newspaper
- Omaha World Herald - Omaha’s newspaper
- National Geographic magazine - the official journal of the National Geographic Society, one of the world’s largest nonprofit educational and scientific organizations.
At Home link
In Library link
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
Gale Virtual Reference Library is a database of encyclopedias and specialized reference sources for multidisciplinary research. These reference materials once were accessible only in the library, but now you can access them online from the library or remotely 24/7
In library Link
At Home Link
- Points of View Reference Center - Resource showing the different points of view on current events happening in the news. You can choose from topics currently being discussed in the news or by category.
- WebMD Online medical site provides health news, advice, and expertise.
- CHIRS Consumer Health Information Research Service provided by UNMC’s McGoogan Library
- MedLine Plus- Health information provided through the National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health
- National Library of Medicine - Part of the National Institutes of Health, the world's largest medical library provides educational information for consumers and healthcare professionals
- Consumer Health Complete (via NebraskaAccess) -
- Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection (via NebraskAccess) - Search full text journal articles covering psychology, behavior and more.
- Testing & Education Reference Center -
Testing & Education Reference Center is a start-to-finish resource with all the information and support materials needed to make informed, confident decisions to shape the rest of your life.
- Explora Primary Schools (via NebraskaAccess) - designed to meet the unique needs, Explora supports both student research and classroom instruction with reliable content and easy-to-use functionality.
- Explora Public Libraries (via NebraskAccess) - supports student research including essays, articles and primary source documents.
- Explora Educator's Edition (via NebraskAccess) -
- Universal Class, Inc - With over 500 online classes, Universal Class is committed to providing you with affordable, high quality education. These non-credit courses are free to library members and are brought to you through Keene Memorial Library and Universal Class, Inc.
- Return to top of page
- AllData Online (in library use only, no remote access) - The world's most comprehensive resource for automotive diagnostic and repair information
- Auto Repair Reference Center
- Free Driver's Ed Program - Online practice tests for driving exams.
- Mango Languages is an online language learning system that teaches real conversation skills for practical communication. The system is completely web-based and remotely accessible, so you can learn anywhere you have an internet connection.
- To log into Mango from home
- To log into Mango from the library
- Mango Languages introduces Lil Pim, an online language learning system with kids in mind.
- Basic ESL for Libraries - Basic ESL improves an individual’s listening, speaking, reading and writing skills through a simple to follow, and instructionally proven curriculum. Students learn English quickly and effectively on relevant topics including: family, home, school and many other topics. In each lesson students learn key vocabulary and how to use that vocabulary in conversation.
No computer experience is necessary. Click on "Instant Access" to enter without registering.
- Gale Encyclopedia of Everyday Law - Provides brief descriptions of each issue's historical background, profiles of various U.S. laws and regulations, details of how laws and regulations vary from state-to-state, and comprehensive bibliographies that include print and Web resources and lists of relevant organizations
- Legal Information Reference Center (via NebraskaAccesss)- Find legal information by state
- Britannica Online - Online version of the popular encyclopedia
- Funk & Wagnells New Encyclopedia (via NebraskAccess)- Student -friendly online encyclopedia covering more than 25,000 topics
- Gale Encyclopedia of the Unusual and Unexplained - Covers the history, people, and practices related to each topic, as well as popular literature, television programs, and movies related to the subjects of magic, witchcraft, the supernatural, and other mysterious phenomena.
- Greenfile - Database on environmental issues and topics