Keene Memorial Library welcomes volunteers of all ages and interests. Youth volunteers assist with the Summer Reading Program. Volunteer opportunities also include preparation of program materials, assisting with programs and assisting in the preparation and boxing of materials sent to the book sale.
Volunteers who are willing to share an expertise may be invited to offer a program or teach a class in topics such as genealogy, computer skills or job seeking skills as an additional service to the public.
Those interested in volunteering with Keene Memorial Library should contact Mary Ringenberg at
Parks & Recreation
The Parks and Recreation Department is seeking volunteers with a variety of backgrounds. The main focus of these opportunities will be working outside in the parks. Areas of specific interest include:
• Trash Pick-up
• Sweeping/blowing mulch, rock, sand, etc. back into playground areas
• Assist with flowerbed maintenance
• Assist with tree maintenance (removal of suckers, etc.)
• Fence repairs
• Playground repairs/maintenance
• Graffiti patrol/removal
• Clean-up around bleachers, etc. at ball fields
Other volunteer needs:
• Clerical assistance
• Brochure/flyer distribution
Those interested in volunteering with Parks & Recreation should call 402-727-2630.