To check out our circulating materials, you will need a library card. The first card is without charge to all persons living within the city limits of Fremont. Non-residents may purchase a card for $15 (3 months), $20 (6 months), or $35 (12 months).
Replacement cards are $1.
Click here to print out a KML Borrower Registration Form that you may bring in to apply for a library card. You will need to bring in photo ID when picking up your card.
- Youth Services Activities: storytimes, baby and toddler time, crafts, summer reading program, book clubs, Tween Get Your Tech On group and Teen Gaming.
- Computers: word processing, email and internet access, reference databases, children’s games.
- Fax Machine: located next to the public computers. Easy step-by-step instructions and available for the public to use during our regular hours. Requires debit or credit card.
- Genealogy / Local History: book collection, Fremont Tribune on microfilm, online access to genealogy resources.
- Handicapped Services: access to Nebraska Library Commission Talking Books Program for readers with visual /physical disabilities, books in Braille available upon request.
- Meeting Rooms: two rooms available for nonprofit / educational use with capacity ranging from 30 to 80. Check with staff for availability
- Non-Print - Videos, CDs, DVDs, Playaways (digital audio books) for kids and adults.
- Online Databases - Access most via the internet, using your library barcode number and pin number (last 4 digits of phone number).
- Print - Books (adults, children, young adults, large type and reference), magazines, and newspapers.
- QuickCheck (self checkout) station - for the user who is in a hurry, our QuickCheck offers the convenience of self-serve checkout stations similar to those at retail stores. You can renew books here as well.
Recently Added Services
- Reference Services - Personal research assistance (in-house or by phone), resume and job search materials, ability to borrow materials from other libraries.
Other Services We Provide
- Books on CD, MP3-CD and Playaway
- Computers with MS Office, Internet and E-mail access
- Downloadable audiobooks and eBooks (through OverDrive and OneClick Digital)
- Downloadable music (through Freegal)
- Large Print books
- Meeting Rooms for 30-80 people
- Movies on DVD and Blu-Ray
- Online databases
- Print materials (books, magazines and newspapers)
- Quiet environment
- Spanish language books
- Talking Books for readers with visual / physical disabilities